体育比分预测竞猜网站:英語聽力

聽力入門英語演講VOA慢速英語美文聽力教程英語新聞名??緯?/a>聽力節目影視聽力英語視頻

“廢品變藝術”項目:任何廢品 都能變成寶

wjrxm 于2019-12-30發布 l 已有人瀏覽
增大字體 減小字體
“廢品變藝術”項目至今已有40年歷史,所做的就是接受世界各地捐贈的廢品,然后把它們送到倉庫里進行展示。
    小E英語歡迎您,請點擊播放按鈕開始播放……

体育比分预测竞猜网站 www.010514.live Supplies for the Arts

變廢為寶

Materials for the Arts is a 40 year old program.

“廢品變藝術”項目至今已有40年歷史。

And what we do is that we take donations from everywhere,from businesses and individuals,

我們所做的就是接受世界各地捐贈的廢品,可能來自企業和個人,

and we bring them to this warehouse where we display them,

然后把它們送到這個倉庫里進行展示,

and then twice a week we're open to our members and we give these things away for free.

然后每周兩次,我們向會員開放倉庫,免費贈送這些東西。

We are part of the Department of Cultural Affairs in New York City,so we're city government,

我們是紐約市文化事務部下屬機構,所以我們也是市政府的一部分,

and we get additional funding from some other agencies,

我們也從其他機構那里得到了額外的資金,

the Department of Education and the Department of Sanitation.

例如教育部和衛生司。

We have dance companies and theater companies and visual arts organizations.

我們的會員有舞蹈公司、戲劇公司和視覺藝術組織。

And we also serve the public schools in New York City.

我們也為紐約市的公立學校服務。

We run a workshop over the summer for teachers,and so we're always looking for materials.

我們會在暑假里為老師們舉辦工作坊,所以我們一直在尋找材料。

They do a, basically a very short, intense creation processwhere they make their own operas within 5 days.

他們會進行一個短時間的高強度創作過程在5天內制作自己的歌劇。

And so, they're creating their own costumes and their own sets and things like that.

所以,他們需要制作自己的服裝、自己的布景等等。

So, we use this primarily,the materials that we're looking for today are for that.

所以,這就是我們收集廢品的主要目的,就是用來支持這些創作項目的。

Mostly fabrics of bright colors.

我們收集的主要是色彩鮮艷的織物。

So we're doing the Lower East Side festival,which is a festival to happen in the Lower East Side.

我們即將要舉辦下東區音樂節,這是一個在下東區舉行的節日。

So, we're getting a lot of materials to create costumes for the parade.

我們拿到了很多材料來為游行制作服裝。

We're not open to individual artists.

我們的倉庫不向個人藝術家開放。

But an individual artist that is working with a non-profit on a public artwork,

除非他在某個公共藝術項目上與某個非盈利組織合作,

like a mural project in a neighborhood,or a concert in a neighborhood,

比如附近的壁畫工程,或者是附近的音樂會,

if they were sponsored by the member organization,then they could come in and get materials for that project only.

如果這些個人藝術家是由會員組織贊助的,那么他們就可以來倉庫,但是只能為那個項目收集材料。

In terms of the donors,we actually have more individual donors.

就捐贈者而言,實際上我們有更多的個人捐獻者。

So, it could be someone like you or me who's cleaning out a closet

所以,可能是像你或我這樣的人正在清理壁櫥,

and has some extra bags of yarn

發現了一些額外的紗線,

or we're moving and we have some things we want to donate.But in terms of the volume, it's businesses in New York City.

或者我們要搬家,有一些想捐贈的東西。但就體量而言,這是一個覆蓋紐約市的項目。

We take everything.we take things from across the spectrum

我們什么廢品都接受。我們接受各式各樣的東西

and we never turn something away

我們也從不拒絕捐贈

because we see those materials as valuable art supplies. We don't take clothing,we don't take new objects because we'd rather those go to other services

因為每一件廢品都有其價值。但我們拒絕衣物,拒絕新的東西,因為這些東西可以捐到其他機構去,

which help people in various capacities in New York City.

那樣可以幫助紐約市有需要的人。

So, we do programs with students across New York City.

我們為整個紐約市的學生提供項目。

We go to schools.We send teaching artists into schools to create art projects with the teachers, with the students,

我們會去學校。我們派藝術老師到學校和老師們、同學們一起創作藝術項目,

and then we have students come here for field trips to Materials for the Arts,

然后我們有學生來這里實地考察藝術材料,

and then get a tour of the facility and they work with an artist.

然后參觀一下我們的設施設施,和一位藝術家一起工作。

They make an art project,and they really learn about how reuse can be a part of art making for them.

他們需要完成一個藝術項目,然后就能真正了解循環利用是如何成為藝術的一部分的。

That's a very sustainable thing because budgets in schools are also very limited.

這是一個可持續性的項目,因為學校的預算也非常有限。

So, if you can use what's around you and put that in your curriculum,

所以,如果你能將身邊的東西用于課堂,

then your students can continue to be creative and make projects,without there being a big price tag associated with it.

你的學生就可以繼續創新、做項目,不用花費巨額的費用。

Back in 1990, the Department of Sanitation realized thatthis was a program of keeping things out of landfill,

早在1990年,衛生司就意識到,這是一個可以防止垃圾填埋的好方法,

and they realized that they should support it and that's when we began getting money from them.

他們意識到應該支持這個項目,也就是這個時候,他們開始自助這個項目。

So, last year we kept almost two million pounds of materials out of the landfill,

所以,去年我們在垃圾填埋場里拿走了近200萬磅的材料,

and we know that because we weigh items when they come in.

我們會將廢品稱重,所以很清楚總重量。

I think when I work on projects,I don't even really imagine buying things,

我想當我做項目的時候,我甚至都不用去想要買什么東西,

because I know that this is a possible resource to use.

因為我知道這里一應俱全。

And it just makes sense to me.

這對我來說很有意義。

 1 2 下一頁

英語新聞排行

{ganrao}